Thursday, February 06, 2014

Snow Day Knitting

We have been having a lot of snowy days here in the Northeast. Yesterday was a day of icy/cold snowy weather, perfect for a knitter! So, I knit up this pretty scalloped neck warmer for my neighbor. She is leaving tomorrow morning for a ski vacation in Vermont and I thought she might like a new wool scarf to keep her neck warm. Of course, actually modeling the scarf would do more justice to the project, but I am as impatient as always to post my completed project.






The pattern has a knitted slot on both sides of the scarf to keep it tucked inside your coat; and since there is no real right or wrong side to this knit piece having a slot on both ends makes it easy to wear.


I love the bit of detailed lacy on the bottom.

The pattern is from Mary Maxim and is free; find it on the Maxim website. It took less than one skein of Hobby Lobby's 'I Love This Wool' rosewood.

1 comment:

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Beautiful Rosewood, Rose!! blessings ~ tanna