Friday, July 12, 2013

Dreambird Shawl and Swing Knitting

On Tuesday I found in my inbox a newsletter from my local yarn shop announcing a class to be held later this month to learn to knit the Dreambird Shawl designed by Nadita Swings.

Anna Devries's Dreambird find her on Ravlery

Being a self taught knitter, I thrive on learning new techniques, but I have a thing about having to teach myself! So, I bought the pattern online, which is typically a no-no for me, I usually work off of free patterns, but this is a gorgeous pattern and Nadita deserves credit and payment.

Last night sat down to conquer my first attempt at "swing" knitting.


I will admit that at one point I was lost!  The pattern was orginially written in German and has been translated into several languages, so it is a bit difficult to follow Nadita's explanation at times. I managed to get just about to the end of the first feather before saying, "UH!?!?" and went to bed. After a good night's sleep this morning it was crystal clear what she was saying to do and TA- DA! the first feather is finished. The feathers will gradually become grayer and grayer.

Sadly, I have two shawls waiting to be completed but I just had to start this THIRD!


2 comments:

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

You are going to love this!! blessings ~ tanna

Erin said...

I did a search for dream bird and found your blog post! It's gorgeous! The yarn u used is nice! You are a person who perseveres until u get it! That is inspiring to me as I am trying to determine if I want to try it! You have me hooked now! Thank You!!!